The EU organic logo gives a coherent visual identity to European Union produced organic products. This makes it easier for the consumers to identify organic products and helps farmers to market them across the entirety of the EU.
The organic logo can only be used on products that have been certified as organic by an authorised control agency or body. This means that they have fulfilled strict conditions on how they must be produced, processed, transported and stored. The logo can only be used on products when they contain at least 95% of organic ingredients and additionally respect further strict conditions for the remaining 5%. The same ingredient cannot be present in organic and non organic form.
For further information please visit the European Commission website.